A Ashok Rao
Qualification: B.E. Electrical Engineering from SSCET, CSVTU, Bhilai, PG Thermal Power Technology from JIPT, Raigarh
Functional Area: Electrical Engineering
Junior Training Officer, JIPT, Jindal Power Limited Raigarh
Electrical Engineer (FTB), Q&I department, NHPC Limited
- One week training on “Advanced Simulation Engineering Training” conducted by Automation College – Pune (India), Honeywell Automation India Limited, Pune from 25th to 29th July,
- One week training on “Operator training and Simulation Fundamental-UNISIM” conducted by JRD TATA Automation Training Center – Honeywell Automation India limited, Pune from 5th to 9th Oct,
- One week training on “OVATION Simulator Training” conducted by Emerson Process Management, Noida from 14th to 18th Sep,
- Three week Power Plant Operation Simulator training in M/s Honeywell made Simulator which is replica of 250 MW & 600 MW BHEL unit from 14.01.2013 to 21.01.2013 & 29.04.2015 to 04.05.2013
- Six week Power Plant Operation Training in M/s BHEL made BTG (250 MW JPL) at Tamnar from 19.11.2012 to 29.12.2012.
- Four weeks industrial summer training from National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Korba (3*200 MW & 4*500 MW) from 31.05.2010 to 29.06.2010.
- Four weeks industrial summer training from Bhilai Steel Plant, (2*30 MW + 1*14 MW BPTG) from 06.06.2011 to 02.07.2011.
- Handling 250MW (PFC, BHEL), 600MW (PFC, BHEL) and 135MW (CFBC) boiler pressure parts, process and process equipment (starting from raw water pump house, coal handling plant to electricity transmission).
- Imparting training on thermal power plant electrical machines (Transformer, Generator, Motor, AVR, Excitation system, distribution system and switchyard).
- Skilled in taking care of power plant onsite equipment working and operation demonstration.
- Development of cut section models of Mill/Pulverizer, PA fan & Vacuum pump.
- Successfully testing, installed, commissioned (MAT/FAT/SAT) and various engineering and techno commercial process of 135 MW TPP Simulator supplied By M/s Emerson Process management (PWS) at JIPT and ready for training (RFT) in March 2015.
Paper Published & Presentated
- Presented a technical paper with co-author Mr. Sajal Kumar Hajra (JSPL) and Mr. Purusottum Kumar (JIPT) titled “Venture with CFBC – from Novice to Expert (In India)” in the National Seminar on “Best Practices for Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution” held on 6th & 7th Jan, 2016 organized by the JIPT, Raigarh.
Organizing & attending National Seminars on
- Best Practices for Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution, 06-07 January 2016
- Prospects and challenges of Electrical Power Industry in India 11-12 February 2015
- Organized successfully two times state level techno-art fest “PRABHAT 2011 & PRABHAT 2012” (prabhat2011.co.nr & www.praphat2012.co.nr) and act as EVENT MANAGER at Shri Shankacharya Technical Campus, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh.
- Worked as “Sports In charge” of Electrical Engineering branch of Shri Shankacharya Technical Campus, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh and organized various sports events across the college campus.
- Secured “Credit Class” certificate in an AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL CHEMISTRY QUIZ senior division, held at Sr. Sec. School, Sec-VII, Bhilai Nagar.
- Winner of inter-school working model competition on 11.09.2004, model titled as “Water Treatment Plant”.