- Is this course is recognized by any University or approved by AICTE?
Ans: This course is meant for making the trainees familiar with all aspects of thermal power plant- be it construction, commissioning, operation, maintenance and power trading. This one year training course has been developed by Central Electricity Authority and is recognized by CEA, Ministry of Power. This course does not come under the purview of AICTE, but it has approval of Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- Will the course is entitled for Bank loan?
Ans: Some bank provides educational loan for this course with collateral bond .
- What are the job opportunities in Jindal Power Limited/ Jindal Steel & Power Limited or any Jindal Group companies?
Ans: JPL/ JSPL and group companies do come for campus interviews depending on their requirement and students are selected based on written test, group discussion and personal interviews.
- Is this course will entitle me to get job in other power companies?
Ans : Reputed power companies visit this Institute for campus selection and students are selected based on their criteria set by companies.
- What is the value of certificate?
Ans: The course has been developed by CEA and dully approved for making the students eligible to be absorbed by any power companies in India of capacity 100MW and above as the guidelines of CEA.
- What are the process of training and assessment?
Ans : Training process:
- Class room lectures for imparting for theoretical and technical knowledge.
- Case studies, Group discussions, Experience Sharing, Panel discussion.
- Self learning through CBT/SKF Learning Tool/JIPT learning Portal.
- Training in different technologies: 4 x 600 MW PFC/ 4 X 250 MW PFC/ 4 X 135 MW CFBC in group own Power Plants.
- Simulator Training: JIPT has 250 MW & 600 MW Honeywell make replica Simulator. Beside this JIPT own 135 MW CFBC Emerson make replica simulator. A Simulator is widely used for training of Operators/Engineers who gain quickly experience in normal, abnormal and emergency operation of a Power Plant. After 2-4 weeks training Engineer/Operator is capable to work in control room and also can handle the emergencies.
- The 52 weeks long course is divided into 22 modules, comprising of total 3000 marks. At the completion of each module, written tests/Viva-Voce/Presentation/emergency handling in simulator are conducted.
- What is the meaning of Simulator Training?
Ans : The word Simulation is derived form the Simulator. Simulator Training is software based training where all operation of power plant can be carried without the physical presence of any equipment, such as boiler, turbine generator and other auxiliaries. This training makes our student be eligible to be directly approved as operation engineer for any power plant without the need of further training. JIPT is proud owner of three simulators (250 MW, 600MW and 135 MW) in a single location which no other power training Institute can boast of.
- What is meant of On Job Training?
Ans : On Job training makes the student get accustomed with physical equipment’s, their operation and maintenance of the power station. Students get the inside view of almost all the equipment’s.
- Whether students of chemical, metallurgy, civil, computer science, IT , ceramic , mechatronics, robotics etc. are eligible to apply?
- If I want to withdraw from the programme after confirmation of my admission, shall I get my fee refunded?