One Year Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Power
Jindal Institute of Power Technology (JIPT) is conducting a one-year post graduate diploma course in Power since 2010. This PGDC in power is mainly covering thermal power engineering by following syllabus of Central Electricity Authority (CEA). JIPT is embedding modules of other sources of energy to make students thorough in Power. Successful completion of this course statutorily authorises trainees to undertake the jobs in thermal power plant of capacity more than 100 MW.
With the introduction of Electricity Act 2003 and Power Sector Reforms and opening-up of the Power Sector for Private participation, there has been a huge demand for the trained manpower to man the Power Stations.
There has been an overwhelming response for this course. So far students of eight batches have successfully completed this course and they are well placed in leading power companies through campus interviews. The Post-Graduate Diploma Course is having an exceptionally encouraging response and many Power Companies recruited industry ready trained man power through our campus recruitment’s over the years to comply with the regulations. The designed curriculum lays the foundation for a scientific conceptualization and analytical understanding of the whole gamut of power industry from concept to commissioning and successful operation management. This course is equally beneficial both for fresher and as well as for practicing engineers.
JIPT is the only institute having all the necessary facilities including 135 / 250 & 600 MW simulators, other labs. Institute is housed centrally inside the 3400 MW super thermal power station. Hands-on experience in all areas of power plant provides a unique opportunity to learn the things by doing.
The candidates wish to apply for JIPT’s One Year Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Power must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislation in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an Institution approved by AICTE.
A full time 04 year/08 Semester bachelor’s degree (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc Engg.) programme in Mechanical / Electrical / EEE / Electronics / Control & Instrumentation Engineering ).
Age : should Preferably be less than 30 years as on 1st July.
1. Test Score cut-off to shortlist for Video interview (VI) :
The JIPT Entrance test score will be used for short listing candidates for VI. JIPT will decide the number of candidates to be called for VI on the basis of short listed merit list prepared for PGDC.
2. Video Interview :
Upon being shortlisted as per the score of entrance test the candidate has to appear for a Video interview, JIPT will assess the suitability of the candidates for the programme based on credentials, JIPT test & VI score. The committee in particular will look into a consistently good academic record, professional accomplishments etc. Fee concession to meritorious students is available.
3. Criteria for Preparing the Merit List :
5. Acceptance of Admission Offer :
A candidate accepting the offer within the stipulated date needs to send along with commitment fee of ₹ 20,000 (the date of submission will be mentioned in admission offer letter) which will be adjusted against the amount of first installment.
6. Withdrawal :
If a candidate subsequently wishes to withdraw the offer within the stipulated date, ₹ 10000.00 will be deducted as processing charges.
7. Registration and Inauguration of the Programme :
Registration and Inauguration of the Programme will be intimated to the candidates.
PGDC Fee Structure
Course Fee for Hostel accommodates student:
The tuition fee for One Year Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Power is INR 1,50,000.00 (One Lakhs & Fifty Thousand only).
Fully furnished air-conditioned hostel shall be provided on a twin sharing basis. Hostel Fee shall be charged at the rate of INR 1,500.00 per month per student.
Food Charges shall be on actual basis & to be paid to the vendor directly.
One time transportation charges of INR 5,000.00 will be charged per student at the time of admission.
Refundable Caution Deposit of INR 5,000.00 shall be deposited by the student at the time of admission.
During the acceptance of Offer latter candidate have to pay INR 10.000.00 (Online Transaction) against booking if the candidate did not wish to continue the course money will not be refundable.
|Course Fee||Description of Fee / Other Charges||Amount (INR)||Amount Payable (latest by Date)|
|Course Booking Charge||10,000.00 Pay Now||
July 15, 2019
Oct 10, 2019
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||5,000.00|
|Transportation Charges (For One Year)||5,000.00|
Jan 10, 2020
April 10, 2020
- GST as Applicable, Will Be Charged Separately.
PG Modular Syllabus
- Is this course is recognized by any University or approved by AICTE?
Ans: This course is meant for making the trainees familiar with all aspects of thermal power plant- be it construction, commissioning, operation, maintenance and power trading. This one year training course has been developed by Central Electricity Authority and is recognized by CEA, Ministry of Power. This course does not come under the purview of AICTE, but it has approval of Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- Will the course is entitled for Bank loan?
Ans: Some bank provides educational loan for this course with collateral bond .
- What are the job opportunities in Jindal Power Limited/ Jindal Steel & Power Limited or any Jindal Group companies?
Ans: JPL/ JSPL and group companies do come for campus interviews depending on their requirement and students are selected based on written test, group discussion and personal interviews.
- Is this course will entitle me to get job in other power companies?
Ans : Reputed power companies visit this Institute for campus selection and students are selected based on their criteria set by companies.
- What is the value of certificate?
Ans: The course has been developed by CEA and dully approved for making the students eligible to be absorbed by any power companies in India of capacity 100MW and above as the guidelines of CEA.
- What are the process of training and assessment?
Ans : Training process:
- Class Room Lectures For Imparting For Theoretical And Technical Knowledge.
- Case Studies, Group Discussions, Experience Sharing, Panel Discussion.
- Self Learning Through CBT/SKF Learning Tool/JIPT Learning Portal.
- Training In Different Technologies: 4 X 600 MW PFC/ 4 X 250 MW PFC/ 4 X 135 MW CFBC In Group Own Power Plants.
- Simulator Training: JIPT Has 250 MW & 600 MW Honeywell Make Replica Simulator. Beside This JIPT Own 135 MW CFBC Emerson Make Replica Simulator. A Simulator Is Widely Used For Training Of Operators/Engineers Who Gain Quickly Experience In Normal, Abnormal And Emergency Operation Of A Power Plant. After 2-4 Weeks Training Engineer/Operator Is Capable To Work In Control Room And Also Can Handle The Emergencies.
- The 52 Weeks Long Course Is Divided Into 22 Modules, Comprising Of Total 3000 Marks. At The Completion Of Each Module, Written Tests/Viva-Voce/Presentation/Emergency Handling In Simulator Are Conducted.
- What is the meaning of Simulator Training?
Ans : The word Simulation is derived form the Simulator. Simulator Training is software based training where all operation of power plant can be carried without the physical presence of any equipment, such as boiler, turbine generator and other auxiliaries. This training makes our student be eligible to be directly approved as operation engineer for any power plant without the need of further training. JIPT is proud owner of three simulators (250 MW, 600MW and 135 MW) in a single location which no other power training Institute can boast of.
- What is meant of On Job Training?
Ans : On Job training makes the student get accustomed with physical equipment’s, their operation and maintenance of the power station. Students get the inside view of almost all the equipment’s.
- Whether students of chemical, metallurgy, civil, computer science, IT , ceramic , mechatronics, robotics etc. are eligible to apply?
- If I want to withdraw from the programme after confirmation of my admission, shall I get my fee refunded?